February 8, 2013

FRG Meeting

For those of you who do not know, FRG is the unit's Family Readiness Group... the sole purpose of this group is support during a deployment. During a deployment you eagerly await the FRG meeting to get information, to communicate with the other wives that are going through the same thing as you... make friends, join in activities... I was very disappointed at last nights meeting. There was no FRG... this unit has done nothing but frustrate me here in the past few months. Weston has received nothing but a major runaround about everything, promised one thing, told another, only to turn around and be told something totally different by someone else. All I have seen and heard is how majorly disorganized this unit is... The purpose of last night's meeting was to meet the First Sgt. and other chain of command and get information preparing for deployment, but what it ended up really being about, is they needed volunteers to step up and take FRG positions, it took FOREVER... no one wanted to do it... if I wasn't about to have a baby I would have stood up and volunteered myself, it was roasting in that small room crammed full of people and I was literally melting... Finally someone else got tired of being there and we got all the positions filled. Hopefully the FRG leader steps up to the plate and actually does a good job.
My overly emotional prego self (it's been REALLY bad this go around) got emotional one time and I had to fight back tears. The 1st Sgt. separated us at one time, spouses on one side of the room, soldiers on the other, and he told us spouses to take a good look at each other, because that would be our support system for the next year. He went on about a lot of other things, most of which I had tuned out because I am not one to be emotional in front of anyone, especially complete strangers... However I highly doubt any of those ladies would be a support system for myself... you can pretty much look at someone and know if you will click with them or not, there was maybe one, possibly two other spouses in that room that I could see myself actually being friends with, the rest of them... well, we will just leave it at that. Thank goodness I have amazing neighbors that I can count on!

Weston still has a few things to wrap up for me before he leaves, but has a week off coming up that he can do them... He ordered our two car tires we need, and he will be replacing them, he has to update the car so that I can still continue to go on post when he is gone (that is kind of important) and I need him to take me to have my Military I.D. renewed (it's fixin' to expire). He also is determined to buy me a pistol, which I'm excited about... I love to shoot, and the thought of having my very own gun is exciting!! During his block leave he will take me to the shooting range where I will get to practice shooting it and familiarize myself with it (plus he has to register it on post). Point of that tid bit of info... don't break into my house, I am an expert shot, I will not miss and I will shoot to kill (I have babies to protect).

:) Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment