November 4, 2011

Friday Randoms :)

Good Beautiful Friday Morning!!!! I didn't do a mid-week randoms post... and I have so many random things I want to share, so I thought I would do a randoms thought post today : )  Beware...

* Before we left Georgia we celebrated Christmas with our Georgia family, it was alot of fun and definitely got the girls excited about Christmas!! Here's a picture of the girls posing in front of the Christmas tree (Ama could not wait to wear this dress to show it off for her Daddy).



* Our last day in Georgia we went to Chehaw Park for a Halloween event and here's the girls posing in their costumes (we didn't go all out... for the fact of we had so much going on, and some things accidentally got packed with the movers).


* We have Texas plates on our car...front and back... and now we have 4 stickers on our car's windshield, in different places... 2 of them from the state of Texas, and 2 of them are for going through the gates to get on post (one of them being Weston's express pass to get on post). I'm getting used to them though. Speaking of going on post it's no big deal now... at first I'm not gonna lie, it made me a little nervous. I'm so used to answering my phone while driving and while on post you can't be on the phone, unless it's hands free (which mine is packed). I was nervous about my speed... and Weston drilled into my head if I get pulled over he's the one that gets in trouble for it. I think he made me nervous. And Weston and I saw this crazy girl on post yesterday trying to run her boyfriend or someone over, she had so major road rage! They were screaming at each other and everything. CrAzY...

* We took the girls to Bronco Park last night to play and the girls both met a friend that was their age. One of the girls Ama was playing with was the daughter of a Colonel, him and his wife were running all over the playground playing tag with Ama and their own daughter, I thought that was pretty neat. Then I talked to the Colonels wife for a while about the area  and some of their experiences with their Army. I will have to take some pictures of Bronco Park and show them to y'all, the girls had so much fun!

* Last night we went to get all of Ama's school supplies, and she has Justin Bieber everything. She picked out her outfit that she wanted to wear to school today (I'm kind of sad they don't have a school uniform here, we are going to go back to fighting over outfits). And here is the outfit she picked out (you can tell she is nervous in this picture, because her smile is forced, and where's the famous Ama pose??).



* We took a tour of the neighborhood we will be living in yesterday, the house we got to go in was not the one we will be in, but it's very similar and we loved it! It's all tile floors which is great for us, we won't have to worry about the kids or animals staining the carpet, or Abi's allergies with the carpet. We loved how spacious everything is, and it's a 4 bdrm. that we will be moving into. The community center is having a Thanksgiving dinner for the neighborhood one week before Thanksgiving, so that will be a chance for us to get to meet some other couples around us, we are excited!

* The Colonel's daughter we met last night starts gymnastics next week, and Ama got excited she wants to join too, so we have to find where to go on post to sign Ama up for that. and maybe we can find something for Abi too??

* Abi almost got hit by a car yesterday... it was pretty scary... She normally sits behind the driver's seat but we moved her to the other side so Ama would have more leg room since I had the passenger seat all the way back with Skeeter on the floor board. We went to go eat lunch yesterday and the parking lot was super busy, I got Ama out and we started across the parking lot and Weston was getting Abi out of the car and bringing her, when all of a sudden I heard Weston scream at the top of his lungs at Abi. When I turned around the SUV had slammed on it's breaks and all I heard was Abi crying (because Weston screamed at her...understandably), thank goodness Abi did stop when he yelled at her because had she not she would have gotten ran over by the SUV's tire, she was right by the tire when she stopped. Abi cried for a while, but better to scare her then her be a pancake in the parking lot! So for the rest of the day as soon as she got out of the seat she had to hold a hand, another time later that day she jumped out of the car and just left us heading for the store. So we have to stop her doing that! And I'm moving her seat back behind the driver's side now that we aren't taking Skeeter with us.

* On a brighter note : ) the girls are adjusting really well here. They have been talking about their new friends, they love all the different playgrounds they have around here, and Ama was even teaching one little girl how to play disc golf the other day! We had one disc and Ama and the girl were pretending a little tree was the basket, it was pretty cute. We have yet to go in search for a course, but this weekend we will!!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment