* Saturday we had a meeting at Chehaw regarding the disc golf tournament coming up on Oct. 15th and 16th. After our meeting we went and played 27 holes of disc golf. I was actually pretty nervous at first because it was my first time playing with another girl... so silly right? I have only played with guys and who have all been really good players, and so I felt the pressure playing with another girl, and who I will also be competing against in the tournament. But I liked her, she was super nice and my nervousness wore off quickly! My game is improving, but I REALLY need to work on my putting, if I can learn to putt good then I could be a much better player!
* While on the subject of disc golf : ) I will playing in another doubles tournament Sept. 10th and 11th... I'm pretty excited about this one because it's a bigger tournament and alot more people will be competing!
*The gnats are horrible in this part of Georgia. I can handle the heat, but the main reason why we stay indoors during the day and or don't stay outside for a very long period of time is because of the gnats. As soon as you go outside they are flying up your nose, trying to get in your ears and in your mouth, constantly in your eyes, they are miserable... we just got some "gnat hats", why in the world did we not get gnat hats months ago?!?! If you live in an area where you deal with gnats I HIGHLY recommend these, they really work!! Here's Abi showing hers off : )
* Yesterday, Amber and I went to the movies and saw the movie, One Day... I'm still thinking of that movie, I cried the last 10 minutes of the movie, I don't like movies with sad endings. Amber and I really had no clue what the movie was about, we went to see The Help, but it was sold out, so we just picked another one... Unless you like movies with sad endings... don't go see One Day. It was a good movie, just a bad ending. And I won't spoil it for anyone going to see it, but there's a part in the movie, that makes the movie sad, that just catches you off guard, everyone in the theatre gasped!
* Ama is starting to read pretty well, since she has started school she has grown up so much. Everything is yes ma'am or no ma'am... I'm so proud of her... Every Friday her class takes a trip to the nursing home down the road and they visit everyone in their rooms, this past Friday was their first trip, she said she really enjoyed it, and I'm excited that she gets to do this every Friday!
* Abi has such a fun personality... she is at such a fun age right now and she is constantly making me laugh! She is starting to use her imagination ALOT while playing and the things she comes up with are so funny. She loves doing hair, painting nails and putting make up on, and in fact... I have been getting a foot, leg and back massage the whole time I've been writing this blog : ) Gotta love my Abi!
* As far as me... well... that's a whole blog in itself... maybe I'm being tested on everything that I just worked through... maybe God's throwing another trial in my path to see if I apply what I have learned. It's so easy to step out from under what you are going through, and it's very tempting at times to just quit, and I'm battling that. The urge to just quit. I will make it through this trial. I always do, I'm just getting tired of constantly going through the same ones. Although I will say, I have learned alot from them. God has shown me a lot. I've learned to turn to God first, instead of last when I can't fight anymore. The pain still feels the same, the broken heart still hurts just as bad, but I'm tired of losing my joy to the problems, I'm tired of letting those problems control my attitude, and every thing else in my life. So this time, it's in God's hands, I trust Him, I know that He will take care of me, I can depend on Him, I'm not losing myself in this trial, instead I'm seeking God and asking Him what it is He is teaching me. I'm keeping my joy, I have faith that no matter what, God is in control and I will make it through this.