July 14, 2011

Water, Water, Water!

For as long as I can remember I have never liked water... and if I do drink water it HAS to be ice cold. When I was in basic training they made you drink a whole canteen of faucet water after PT and I would literally gag and it took all I had to not let that water come right back out. I have been a huge Coke drinker, or Dr. Pepper... or really anything with flavor : )  A few days ago I got one of the worst headaches I have ever had, I stayed in bed until 1pm holding my head, and only opening my eyes when I had to put another video on for Abi. (Who stayed in bed with me all day, and asked Jesus to take her mommy's headache away : ))  I hadn't eaten or drank a thing all day so I grabbed a bottle of water and ended up chugging it, and then another, and miraculously my headache went away. I think I was really dehydrated. The humidity here has been horrible, and it's been HOT! So after that I have started drinking ONLY water (I'm so proud of myself for that), and lots of it. I have tons of energy, my house is sparkling, I have been more involved with my kids, instead of driving somewhere here in town I want to ride my bike there, and I am working out, and actually enjoying it! I am determined to not buy any more soft drinks. After seeing how great I felt just from drinking water, I am now motivated to make better eating habits. It's almost like a switch went off in my head and I feel fabulous ; )


Me and the girls took a bike ride today and stopped at the park along the way, my girls LOVE to swing!! Hope you have a fantastic rest of  the day!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment