July 20, 2011

Catching up with the Tabor girls!

Saturday afternoon we went mudding (Ama's tee ball tournament was rained out)... we had a BLAST!!! We started off by playing around in the mud with the Polaris Ranger, and then we drilled a hole and tied a piece of plywood to the back of the Ranger and had some serious fun!! Here's a few pics ; )









Sunday evening the girls and I drove to Franklin, Tenn. and stayed in my grandparents house, then got up Monday morning and made the drive to Mount Vernon, IN. It felt good to be back in Indiana, it's "home", it's familiar, it's where family and friends are. It feels good to see all my friends... I have MISSED them... 

Getting to spend time with my brother Cale has probably been one of my most fun things. Since being older and both of us having moved out of the house, I don't get to hang out with him much anymore. We went to the movies to watch Transformers, I LOVE going to the movies, escaping reality for a short while ; )  I also just have to throw in here real quick... I beat Cale in 2 games of corn hole!!!  Barely... but it counts! I'm sure he will want a re match with the corn hole queen this evening ; )   I'm having a lot of fun at home, spending time with family is always great. Nothing like staying with Mom and Dad and having fun.

Today, I got to spend some time with an amazing friend (Rachel Mohr : )). We hung out in the pool and solved world's problems! I have missed being able to hang out with a friend and just be real. It's so nice to not have to put on that everyday mask for people and hide the dark parts. Life is hard, and I think how God works sometimes is so amazing. He has taught me a lot here in the past year and a few months, and I have been forced to look at myself in the mirror. At some point in life I lost myself, when I quit my job and moved to Georgia it was seriously the BEST thing I have done for myself in a long time. I followed my heart regardless of what others thought, and I'm finding myself again. I'm having fun. I have found  motivation, I'm ready to get back into shape, I'm picking up some hobbies, that I love. I'm learning to love myself again, to be confident in myself again. I am wonderfully and fearfully made. Maybe Weston going to Korea was so that God could do some work on me. I don't understand myself most of the time : )  But it's who I am, and it's okay that I'm not perfect. I have faults just like everybody else.  Sometimes I put so many expectations on myself, because the world thinks I should do something a certain way, and instead of telling myself that I am failing, I'm going to embrace my failure, give it to God, and I want to totally rely on him. I have a tendency to live my life to please others. I don't like hurting people, and I like to be accepted, and I hate it when people are mad at me.... I know this blog is kind of everywhere. My emotions here lately are everywhere. I'm the type of person, I like to be real. I like to be honest. And right now for me, I'm going through a storm in life. But I'm ready to pick myself up and focus on me. I said at the beginning of this year that this was going to be my year. My year to "fix" me, and it's been hard, I  have lost sight of it a few times. But I'm here again, and I'm more motivated than I have ever been. I needed today with a friend, that I know I can be real with and I won't be judged. God placed her in my life and so many things she said today spoke to me in so many different ways... thank you Rachel for your friendship ; )

I only have a short while left here in Indiana, I head back to Georgia this Friday early morning! My kids will stay here for a few more days, and I am getting a well deserved break! I'm excited about this weekend I'm going to the beach with my Dad and Amber, we have a beach front hotel and I am SO excited! I love the beach, and I can't wait to take a long night walk on the beach. There's something so calming and peaceful about being around the water, listening to the waves, I love it.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment