August 15, 2011

Zip Lining!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday morning me and the girls packed and headed to Dad and Amber's and started the 2.5 hour drive to Whitesburgh, Georgia. We went to Historic Banning Mills to stay in a cabin for the weekend to celebrate my Dad's 50th birthday, and Ritchie's 49th birthday. Friday when we got there we went on a little hike to the creek and played on some rocks. We decided to hike further down to find a safer swimming area for the girls, we found some fun rocks for the girls to slide into the water and we were all having fun when I freaked out... and ended up making Ama scream and cry... I can't help it though, the girls were covered in little leeches... So I ripped their clothes off of them and wiped all of them off and searched every inch of their skin (yes even the hidden crevices) to make sure I got them all. And Amber washed their clothes off in the creek!  So... unfortunately that was the end of us playing in the creek for the day : )  But we had a lot of fun, and I didn't scar them for life, they are ready to go play in the creek again...

Saturday, me, Dad, Ritchie, Mitch, Justin, Brandy and Buck were going Zip Lining... I had the most fun I have had in a long time. It was a blast and I'm ready to go again!! I will admit I was pretty nervous at first, I had never done anything like this before and me and heights aren't exactly friends... But thankfully you start small to get the hang of it and then work your way up to the bigger lines. The only Zip Line that I was really nervous on was the Screamin' Eagle, we were higher than the trees and it was pretty scary, but SO much fun!  We did 22 bridges on the Extreme Tour and they were so much fun too. We had two of the best guides, and I even plowed into one of them coming in too fast, I definitely can't wait to go back!!! The Screamin' Eagle Zip Line was 148 steps to get to the line, and all the 5 hours of walking and climbing and balancing on bridges, and then at the end we did a free fall, it was 8 ft. higher than the Screamin' Eagle tower and we climbed those steps twice (I may have crawled on my hands and knees up some of those steps ;) ) So needless to say, YES I AM SORE! Last time I felt that exhausted was in Basic Training for the Army. But I would do it all again tomorrow if I could!  Maybe skip the free fall... : )  that is the most scared I have ever been in my whole life. To take a step off of a platform and plummet 100 ft. was pretty scary, and I almost chickened out... but I did it... TWICE!! I can't even describe the feeling... I had SO much fun though : )  One of my favorite things about the zip lining tour is that that is all you think about. All of your focus is on the bridges, balancing, and climbing, preparing for the next zip line. It was such a great mental break. I didn't think about finances, or moving, or all the problems in my life, I was only focused on the task on hand. If you are looking for something fun to do and a to get away for a weekend, I HIGHLY suggest Banning Mills. You can hike, kayak, go paddle boating, they have horse back riding and lots of trails to ride on, they have easy zip line tours and the challenging ones.... it's beautiful there, and TONS of fun : )  Here's a few pics from our weekend!!

Our Cabin
Abi posing on a rock during our hike
A view of the creek
The swimming hole we found

The rock the girls were using as a slide, also the rock that they got the leeches
Me and the girls
Pops, Nana and the girls
The first bridge and zip line tower
The 600ft. Sky Bridge that was 100ft. over the gorge
The Screamin' Eagle
The view on The Power Free Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment