June 22, 2011

Mid-Week Randoms

*Ama and I are still battling sore throats, and a tad bit of stuffiness. Abi seems to be great but she does still have a slight cough.

*It is still so hot here, I'm getting very tired of the heat. It's draining, I can handle heat, but throw us a cool day every once in a while! Yesterday was the first day of Summer, but we have been in Summer here for awhile now! I have gotten to the point where I can't stand to be outside for long, it's just miserable.

*Weston has been gone for almost one year and 3 months now. It's very exhausting. I have such a new found respect for single mothers... but not only that. It's rough being apart from your husband for a long time. I wonder what it will be like when we actually live together again. When he has came home we have known that it is only for a few short weeks and we are so busy there is never a routine, it's rushing here or there. I've been thinking about how it will be getting used to each other again. I have changed since he has left, and I know he has changed. Also we will be far from all our family. It's going to be so different. I'm excited about Texas and I have met a couple of girls who will be traveling there the same time as me. Ama is anything but excited. She says she will NOT be moving to Texas. I'm not sure why because I only talk positive about it to her. She says she's staying right here in Georgia, or going back to Indiana. I think she is going to end up loving it. Once we move there and get settled and get to know some kids in the area and get involved in different activities.

*After Ama has been begging me to put her into school, I finally emailed the principal with our pre-enrollment application and asked if there was any more room for a first grader. There was not. But she did put Ama on the stand by list. After telling Ama this, she shocked me. "Well I decided I don't want to go to school anymore, I want to stay here with you."  .... ok? So I just told her we would pray about it, if a spot opened up where she could go we would discuss it again. But as of right now it looks like we will be home schooling. Once we get moved to Texas though I do want to check out the school on base and depending on how everything is going, she may go to school once we move.

*I put together a list of rules for the girls, and I will be printing it soon and posting it. There are simple rules on there and there are some ones that will be tough for the girls. When Weston left and I worked full time, they started getting their way ALOT. And it was my fault. But I was having a hard time juggling everything that was on my plate, and I did not have the patience to deal with hardly anything and I gave in alot. Some bad habits were created and now I will be facing what I created. I created the stress I put myself through, and it's because I wouldn't follow through with discipline. And also, after Weston left, Abi's bed became my bed... yes she sleeps with me. I have to break her of that because I don't get good sleep at night, she has to sleep as close to me as possible and it leaves me sleeping in uncomfortable positions... in my own bed! Under all the rules are posted what the punishment will be and I'm excited to start them. My kids haven't had a set bedtime in a long time, and I have on the same page what there bedtimes will be. I have different bedtimes for when School is in, and different one's for when it is Summer break. So mommy can have her time too...I know that this will be very hard when we get started. But I'm more excited about the outcome. Abi is wearing on me and she knows how to manipulate and get her way and it has to stop!

*Yesterday was Dad's (Mikes) double hernia surgery. We got to the hospital at 9:15 and it was 4:30 until we got home... long day!! He's doing good, he's in pain, and had to call in a different pain med. because he had an allergic reaction to the first one. I took my camera along and got several good pics. The whole family was there, and Pastor Chris came, I snapped a shot of the pastor praying over Dad and  it was a great picture! But I promised I wouldn't post any pics of him on the Internet...(because he had his jammies on for surgery).The girls wanted to get a Get Well balloon for him for when he came out of surgery and here's a pic of them.



 *Abi's birthday party is this Saturday and she is SO excited. She's having a princess party, and I will take lots of pictures to post!

That's all the randomness I have for today : ) Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment