June 15, 2011

Mid-Week Randoms

*Still trying to get over this heat!! Triple digit weather and humidity don't go too well together!

*The garden is coming along, we are preparing the ground to add squash, pepper, carrots and peas. It is hard work preparing the ground to plant seeds when all you have to work with is a garden rake and a shovel! But the girls love it! They planted the 4 veggies in a pot to get them growing and then we will transplant them to the ground!

*Took Ama to the doctor on Monday because her tonsils are still HUGE from having strep back in April. He told me that on a scale of 1-4 her tonsils are a 3 plus, 4 would be them touching and they are almost touching. So she will see an ENT next Monday to see if she's a candidate to have them removed.

*I am planning Abi's birthday party and I must say it is so weird not inviting many kids. But she will still have alot of people at her party! For her birthday the only thing she has told me so far that she wants is a Princess bike : ) So looks like I will be hunting for an Abi size Princess bike!

*We went to the pool on Sunday afternoon and now not only can Ama swim, but she can swim under water! I am so proud of her. Abi could actually be swimming by the end of summer. She does all the right motions, kicks and swims with her arms, I let go of her a few times but she just sunk : ) she loves going under the water.

*I am also in the process of writing down ideas for the Marlin's end of season party (which is July 16th). I am pretty positive I have came up with the perfect Coach's gift, I think he will love it (more on that after July 16th :)). Now I am just more focused on the actual party. Any ideas???

*I'm planning a trip home! My sister is turning 16!! I can't miss her turning 16... that's kind of a BIG deal. So as of  right now I will be back in Indiana the last weekend in July! We are excited!!

*In the local news today I read about an injury that happened on Monday at the Blue Hole at the river! A guy swang from the rope and when he hit the water went unconscious, the article says he is still in the hospital. Pretty scary, them guys would swing and hang upside down with one arm holding the rope, and do some pretty scary stuff, from REALLY high up. And we were just there on Sunday!!

*I'm missing the beach, and we are SO close, I'm thinking we need to pack a picnic and head down to the beach for a day sometime really soon...

*Abi started running a fever Monday night and saying her head was hurting, but the next morning she was fine and fever free, and then last night in the middle of the night she woke up with a fever again and real whiny, but this morning fine, and then early afternoon started crying and holding her left ear saying it hurt. So we are back off to the doctor now to see what's going on. I gave her medicine and now she's acting fine again, but I want to make sure she doesn't have an ear infection, (and so maybe I can get some decent sleep tonight).

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment