May 31, 2011

Tabor Family Update!

We had a fun but busy Memorial Weekend! Sunday we were in the pool for 3 hours! Monday I was in the pool for about 3 hours, but Ama and Abi stayed in the pool for 6 hours!! I tried to get them to get out but they were having so much fun. I finally taught Ama how to swim on Sunday! Well... do the doggy paddle at least : ) so she is so proud of herself and swims all over the pool! Abi, just puts her swimming ring on and she's good, she's all over the pool too! And she loves jumping in, going under, and popping back up! Monday night the girls got in the tub to take a bath and Ama was SO dark. She seriously looked like an Indian girl! Here's a few pictures of them in the pool:




I mentioned some stress that I have been going through, and I haven't said anything to anyone but family because I just needed to process everything. When Weston went back to Korea from being home on vacation he found out that one of his friends that got there the same time he did just got approved for Command Sponsorship. Which is where the Army will pay to send your family to Korea. Well one of the girls thought that they had seen Weston's name on the list as being approved too, but when checked he wasn't. He needed to turn in a couple things to finish his packet. So he did... Apparently Weston's MOS (job) went from being Priority 3, to Priority 2, which gives him a greater chance at getting Command Sponsorship.  A couple of guys were approved but apparently one of them turned it down. So Weston's NCO's are trying to push for Weston to get it, they turned his application in and are trying to replace the other guy with Weston. So basically we are waiting to hear if we are approved or not. Which we are thinking we may hear something this week. Several people that have Weston's same MOS are being approved all of a sudden. When I first heard this, I was so stressed out... When Weston went to Korea we were told that we would be able to join him soon after he got there, only to find out we would probably not be going at all. We went back and forth and made the decision to stop trying to go over and me and the girls would just stay here and wait for him to get back. That may not sound stressful, but it was a huge decision, we were going to sell everything and just move over there to keep our family together. It was hard. So I put Korea behind us and started looking forward to where we would go next. Then I made the huge decision to move here to Georgia. Which, any one that I talked to about it knows that I stressed over that and it was not a decsion that I lightly made. So I get here and I'm loving it, and excited about which base we may end up at, Weston and I would talk about which ones we hope to get, and then Wham... here's this moving to Korea thing again that pops up. I was so upset about it, because I knew Weston wanted us with him so badly, and he's homesick, but me, I'm thinking we are more than half way done with Korea and you can come back here and we will still be close to family, at least travel there to see them and be with family during holidays. We were both arguing about it because we were both on two total separate pages.

I started really stressing about this because I was split down the middle, there were pros and cons to both sides. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get to to experience a foreign country, and have our family together. We wouldn't have to worry about a deployment, unless there was a huge natural disaster, like what happened to Japan. Weston would be able to do some schooling over there, and he could advance in rank faster over there. But I was struggling with it, because we wouldn't be able to come home on holidays, we couldn't just hop in a car and take a roadtrip to see family. And we would be on the other side of the world! I tried my hardest to give it to God, and was just honest with Him, I told Him that if it's His will for us to go to Korea then to open the doors for us, and if it's not, then to SLAM them shut, because I couldn't make the decision. I have been praying for peace, because I have been making myself sick over it. I wish I was one of those people that could just let things be and what happens is what happens. But I'm not, I over think everything, and I stress about the tiniest things. But now, I'm ready... I actually have done a total turn around and I want Command Sponsorship. But I will also be perfectly fine if we stay here...

I have no idea what is going to happen. But I'm trusting God. I don't like not being able to control our next move in life... But I'm getting better : ) Just when things seem to be going good, I get thrown a curveball... I feel like I am just on this crazy rollercoaster, and before sharing with everyone what was going on with the Tabor's, I needed to pray about it and reach the place that I am at right now. I am no longer stressing about what to do, I'm just waiting to see where God leads us, and we will go wherever that is! I'm excited for this week to hopefully find something out, and I will keep everyone updated!!

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment