May 26, 2011

Randomness : )

Technically I should be sleeping, but I just had a lot of coke, and ate some coffee beans... so I thought I would share some randomness!

* I had my first play date with a new friend since moving to Georgia. I can be shy and to be honest I was pretty nervous, she has a strong personality, but I had a lot of fun. Turned out we had quite a bit in common and conversation was easy with her. Her kids are great and my girls loved them. It was just what we needed, me the conversation and company of a friend, and for my girls, they have been itching to play with kids. I hope to have many more play dates with her and her kids!

* God is constantly challenging me. Since our family started our journey with the Army it has seriously been one thing after another. My emotions are up and down constantly. Months ago we had such a huge decision to make, we were constantly back and forth and finally we made a decision and moved on. And just making that decision brought so much peace. And now that same thing has creeped back up and I'm stressing myself out all over again about something we decided on a long time ago. When it's such a life changing decision it is just SO hard. I've prayed about it, and I am trying my absolute best to just give it to God, and once again TRUST that he opens the doors that need to be opened and SLAMS SHUT the ones that need to be closed.

* T-Ball... Today we didn't get to have practice because of a storm rolling in, but we did have a small meeting. I organized some dates on people bringing snacks/drinks. And I think I'm going to like doing this Team Mom thing! One thing I found out... During the games I will be in the field between 1st and 2nd helping the kids when the ball comes their way! I'm kind of nervous about that, but excited at the same time. It's such a fun opportunity to be so involved with Ama as she plays her first year of T-Ball.

* I can't believe I haven't really blogged about this before now, but I just have to do some bragging on my Abi-boo. She has been potty trained for a while now, really all it took was me quitting my job and being with her all day to take her potty, she was a quick learner. But I am so impressed with her because for the past month now she wears big girl panties to bed too! Such a different experience from my oldest. I thought for sure she would be in diapers or a pull up for a while at night time, I am so proud of her!

* My parents and brother and sister are coming to visit us next weekend, and we can't wait! Especially Ama and Abi. Abi keeps asking me when they are coming... And then asks when we are going back to Disney World : ) Speaking of Disney World, we have to watch videos that we took while at Disney several times EVERY day. Abi practically has them memorized. And it's starting to get frustrating for me. But I love to watch her facial expressions while she's watching them.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend, I know we have lots of plans, several family get togethers!!  Be safe and have a blessed weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment